We collect information about you, including information that directly and indirectly indentifies you. We receive information in a number of different ways when you provide information directly online and also on how you use our website, services and applications. We use this information to enable us to provide the services, to contact you and to enable our partner companies to respond to you.
The legal basis for The Greener Guide to process your personal information under the GDPR is 'consent'.Information we collect
The personal information that we collect and process is to enable the recommendations we make and to manage the service we offer.
You will have provided information when you first used the service and when you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. We will also collect information about your usage of our service.
When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain The Greener Guide renewable energy recommendation service
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyse how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website and renewable energy recommendation service, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- We may share your information with partner companies
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
The Greener Guide follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, The Greener Guide uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the that the visitor accessed or visited. Cookies are sued to allow the system to work and to optimize the users' experience by customizing content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read "What Are Cookies" from Cookie Consent.Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that The Greener Guide has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer's personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer's personal data, not sell the consumer's personal data.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.Children's Information
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
The Greener Guide does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will make our best efforts to remove promptly such information from our records.